Monday, January 5, 2009

EVERY WORD COUNTS



Two priests were among the 1000 killed in a train wreck.

Arriving at the Pearly Gates, they found St. Peter and his assistant, Charlie, flustered by the rush. Addressing the two priests, St. Peter said, "Look you guys, we can’t handle all these people at once. Since you are men of the cloth, I can give you a special deal. You can sit on the bench over there and wait your turn like the rest of the folks, or I can let you go back, to Earth for two weeks, off the record, as anything you like." "Terrific!", said the first priest. "My life-long dream was to spend time in the Rocky Mountains in Colorado just enjoying the natural beauty, but I never got there. I'd like to go back as an eagle so I can soar over the mountains and really enjoy the majesty of those peaks and valleys."

"Done," said St. Peter, and the priest disappeared. "Now," he said to the second priest, "how about you?" "Off the record, eh? Well, considering what I had to give up to become a priest, I'd like to go back as a stud."

"Done!" said St. Peter, and the second priest disappeared.

Two weeks later, just about sundown, Charlie was about to go to dinner when St. Peter said, "Not yet, Charlie. I just remembered, we have two priests down on earth and their two weeks are up today. You have to go get them before we quit for the day. Now, finding the first one won't be hard. He's an eagle flying over the Rocky Mountains in Colorado. Finding the second guy will be a bit tougher.

He's somewhere in Wisconsin on a snow tire."

Every word counts.

This narrative is from a book is “List More- Sell More” by Jerry Bresser ISBN 0-9611574-0-2

Read the book reviews


No comments: