Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Cyber space killing

Last night I dozed off in front of the TV, in the back ground, on the screen, a gang-rape was playing out.
I saw the end of it but thought nothing much about it at the time. It is our norm. The rubbish that enters our private spaces through TV screens and video games is part of life. It is fantasy - not real. Our brains can distinguish from what is real and what is not.
Or can it?

From time to time mediate to clear conflict and disharmony within my mind. Images that comes up in my mind during this process is often “not real”
It may be something I saw on television, in a soapy by accidental viewing or what I read in the newspaper. My brain recorded it as conflict within me.

This morning I picked up a magazine “PC Format” in which a video game was reviewed. The author wrote: “...... I am going to track down and take out another wolf in Obivion. And a bear. And a mountain lion - just because I can.” (Page 8 / June 2006)

Perhaps more studies are needed to determine what effect this loose morality, cruelty and violence are having on humanity as a whole. Or perhaps we should just take note of studies that was already done.
We can not just ignore this type of “Freedom of expression”
If “freedom of speech and expression harms innocent minds, it is no longer freedom of speech - it is corruption!”

Perhaps that type of material should be recognized or what it is and not be forced into public viewing spaces. People who want to view that stuff should specifically subscribe to it.

Then the rest of us can start to create in our minds a world of healing, joy, bliss and peace.

That is if bliss and peace can ride on the same donkey - of wat praat ek alles.

See "The joy of killing"

No comments: