Friday, February 26, 2010

What the eye can see makes the mouth waters


24-02-2010



My front door was open.
We never have the front door open anymore, because if we leave it open every vagrant that passes by comes and ask for something and we have to listen to untold stories of sadness.

It was a bit stuffy in the room and I decided to open the front door just for a short wile to get some air in the room.

I was 'smagging' for something to drink so I took the last lovely cold fruit juice from the fridge.
I was standing well back, facing the security door and enjoying the fresh cool breeze from the door, while sipping my fruit juice, when the dog's bark alerted me to the free-paper delivery boys.

Knowing that begging is a side line for them, I hastily hid my cool drink, not wanting to put any ideas into his head.

I was hoping he did not notice the open door and deposits the stuff in the letterbox as he normally does.

No chance, he was on the doorstep and still hoping that he would just greet me and deliver the newspaper, I went to the door with the normal smile and greeting.

He gave me the newspapers then asked for a cool drink.
How in the warm place did he see me sipping the drink?
My last fruit drink.

I said that I only have half a bottle left, and he said its OK he will have it.

I gave him the hidden drink and closed the door.

I long for the days when I could leave my front door open in peace.

Later we found the empty cool drink bottle together with other junk next to the flattened plants in our front garden where he decided to picnic.

En nou praat ek nie twak nie.





No comments: